A Long Journey...

I am on a long journey home. Sometimes my journey is joyful and my burdens light. Sometimes my journey seems endless and wearisome. But at times I can see home in that heavenly place in the distance. I remember that eternal home and rest that I have been promised. And I push on.

My journey has had many blessed moments. Time spent with friends and family… Holding a child… Comforting an animal in need… Reading to my daughter… Walking in a quiet wood… Fellowshipping with spirit filled people… Spirit filled times communing with Jesus alone... Being filled with the Holy Ghost… Worldly successes… These give me the strength to journey onward through those tribulations that Satan uses to hinder me. The death of loved ones… Divorce… Illness… Loss on a job… Friends who turn away… Changes in lifestyle…

No matter the obstacles or successes, the journey goes on. No matter whether I achieve riches or poverty or middle class status, my journey continues. No matter whether I fail miserably or accomplish great things, I must go on until I reach my day of reckoning with Jesus. It is there that I will be judged by the only judgment that matters, God’s. My heavenly home with Him is the only one that I really desire anymore. I pray that I am found fit to remain in His kingdom and not told that He doesn’t know me and to depart.

There are times when I would like to just lay where I have fallen and I would guess that there are many who do give up. But eventually, I feel the need to get up and continue pulling at me. When I first started out on my walk with Jesus, I prayed that He would do whatever it took to save me or get me to that heavenly place: drag me, push me, pull me, carry me… I believe that spiritual calling is the pull I feel to continue my journey.

I want to encourage you to continue your heavenly journey. I know the road is long and fraught with obstacles and sometimes lonely, but just remember that you are never really alone. Jesus is there and waiting for you to open the door. Don’t give up! There is too much to gain to lose and no destination worth stopping at along the way. Even if you have gotten lost or fallen down or burdened with a load of baggage, it is never too late to step back onto the narrow way that leads to your heavenly home.

May God bless you with a beacon in the darkness and a helping hand along the way…

No comments: